Be One of a Kind
Introducing the Rare and Beautiful collection. This unique line of handmade jewelry features uncommon gems in modern, stylish mountings. Only one piece in each style will be made to launch the collection, and most pieces cannot be duplicated.
We made this limited edition collection to celebrate individuality. When you give a Rare & Beautiful piece to someone you are saying that they are one-of-a-kind, unique, rare. Diamonds, rubies, and sapphires are wonderful gems and much more popular, but they can be found in almost any jewelry store you walk into. This collection is all about breaking the mold and being different.
Shop the Collection
Can’t make it in to the shop? No problem, we’ve put the full Rare & Beautiful collection on our Etsy store. You can browse and find the perfect piece all from the comfort of your own home.
Uncommon Gems, Incredible Color
The Rare & Beautiful collection spans a wide array of colors and materials. The only common thread is that each of these pieces is unique in it’s own way. These less well-known gemstones create a color display unlike anything you have seen before. Here are just a few of the gems featured in the collection:
- Tsavorite Garnet, a truly vibrant green gem found only in a handful of mines in the entire world. This is a gorgeous stone with color to rival the world’s finest emeralds paired with exceptional clarity.
- Padparadscha Sapphire, this rare shade of Sapphire has a beautiful orange-pink color that makes it stand out from more traditional Sapphires in blue, pink, etc.
- Kunzite, a soft pink gem that actually fades in color when exposed to light over time. This unique material is meant to be kept hidden away and only worn on special occasions.
- Blue Zircon, one of December’s birthstones, but much less well-known than Blue Topaz. This gem has more fire and sparkle than almost any other colored gem.
- Custom Fantasy Cuts, these gems are cut by hand in totally unique shapes and faceting patterns. They grab your attention even more in person as their facets catch the light in unexpected ways.
- Iolite, this rich purple gem is not rare in the sense that we have little of it. In fact, it is quite plentiful (and also affordable), but few people know of it. It has a beautiful blue-purple color that is truly captivating.
- Too many rare and unique pieces to list including Mandarin Garnet, Imperial Topaz, Dendrite, Rutilated Quartz, Green Amethyst, and more.
Learn More about the Gems
You may have never heard of some of the gems in this collection. So, take some time to get familiar with these incredible pieces of nature. Of course, the best way to learn about them, as with most things, is to see them in person. Stop by the shop, and our GIA trained gemologist will be happy to answer any questions you have and tell you all about any of the unique gems in this collection.
Gem in the Spotlight: Tsavorite Garnet
The discovery of Tsavorite in East Africa in the 1960s changed the jewelry world. Here was a gem with the color to rival the most exquisite emeralds and the clarity of the cleanest sapphires, all with the time tested durability of garnet. Tsavorite is a unique form of garnet with a...
Gem in the Spotlight: Morganite
Morganite is a beautiful, soft pink gemstone and a graceful expression of elegance. It is not a very well-known gem, but it definitely should be. It is pastel or pale in color by nature and known for its transparent peach-pink hue though it also occurs as soft pink, violet-pink, or pale salmon....
Gem in the Spotlight: Iolite
Iolite is maybe not the first gemstone people think of for their blue-violet jewelry, but it should be near the top of the list. Iolite’s color range of blue, blue-violet, and violet competes for public attention with sapphire, tanzanite, and amethyst. They may have name recognition, but...
Gem in the Spotlight: Blue Zircon
Zircon may be last in the alphabet of gemstones, but it is first in sparkle. The crystal structure of zircon creates one of the liveliest displays found in any colored gem. In fact, before any of the manmade diamond simulates were made, the colorless version of zircon was used in jewelry to mimic...
“What a great find in this area! Beautiful jewelry, great service, very knowledgeable and personable staff. This is now my go-to place for jewelry, repairs, etc. I will be coming back for sure!”
Hurry! These pieces are completely one-of-a-kind and most can never be duplicated.